Test Before Invest
- Awareness raising: Through the creation of information material and dissemination activities, 1-1 meetings, as well as workshops on digital transformation and smartHEALTH services, first contact will be made with prospective clients. The objective is to highlight the potential of digitial technologies in the operation and activities of enterprises and public sector organisations.
- Digital maturity assessment: Using the Digital Maturity Assessment (DMA) tool developed by JRC, as well as other structured tools such as IMP³rove Digital Innovation Quotient, and JRC’s Innovation Radar (IR), smartHEALTH experts will assist clients to measure their digital maturity assessing the following dimensions: digital business strategy, digital readiness, human centric digitalization, data management, automation & AI. The DMA will be carried out three times: at the start of service provision, at the end of service provision, and 6-12 months after that.
- Visioning for digital transformation: In close collaboration with the client, a detailed plan of action will be elaborated highlighting the next set of services, specific timeline, milestones , and deliverables. The ation plan will serve as the reference point for the client’s next steps in the context of smartHEALTH and beyond.
- Demonstration and proof-of-concept: Clients (SMEs, start-ups, midcaps, and public sector entities) will have the opportunity to demonstrate in a lab the idea behind a new product, service or process. smartHEALTH experts will assess the validity and feasibility of the new concept and provide additional support, e.g. on technical specifications, needed infrastructure, implementation and regulatory environment.
- Fostering integration: smartHEALTH will support clients to integrate digital technologies and skills. Clients will be advised on the availability and usage of necessary tools, methods and software development. An education plan for staff for the new processes/tools can be developed, while a set of opportunities for co-development will be proposed to assist future collaborations.
- Testing, experimentation and prototyping: smartHEALTH partners have unique expertise on AI, cybersecurity and HPC and relevant infrastructure that can be used for niche applications to support smart health, precision medicine and ehealth to facilitate innovative drug design, medical diagnostics, smart hospitals and administrative automation. These applications are not readily available in the market. Through smartHEALTH, clients will have access to infrastructure and specialized knowledge and expertise, to test and experiment to either acquire new knowledge or design new products, services and processes. Industry will have the opportunity to explore the end-to-end processes of accessing and using remote computing resources in HPC infrastructure of smartHEALTH on demand.
Skills & Training
- Seminars and workshops on specific subjects such as technologies, applications, business and innovation management practices, exploitation strategies.
- Short-term specialized training courses on digital skills targeting SMEs.
- Bootcamps, hackathons and competitions to promote advanced digital skills.
- Site visits on the partners’ premises or on collaborating organizations to complement on-site and online training.
- Traineeships of students and graduates with job placements and internships to acquire advanced digital skills.
- Repositoty with relevant educational material and recordings of training activities.
Support to Funding
- Awareness raising on funding opportunities: A team of experts monitors and tracks the different funding mechanisms and relevant information is available to the regional ecosystem through the smartHEALTH’s website, focused workshops and B2B communications.
- Support in attracting public and private funding: The service involves specific information & consulting services about preparing an investment application or a grant proposal, guidelines on pitching and negotiations, etc.
- Mentoring and coaching : A continuous support system of mentoring and coaching for SMEs through all phases of the innovation cycle that includes regular bilateral contacts, offering more specialized and personalized support for particular issues and specific needs of SMEs.
- Matchmaking: Assisting smartHEALTH clients in the matchmaking process of innovative ideas/projects with funding opportunities and investors. The service is operated through the Enterprise Europe Network.
- Investor days: SMEs have the opportunity to present their ideas and projects to private investors or perform an investor custom-made roadshow.
- Incubation & Acceleration services for startups.
- Partnering events for linking stakeholders and discuss about challenges and opportunities
- Forum / workgroups for RD&I initiatives and for policy development
- Regional / international awareness raising and networking through other EDIHs and stakeholders
- Ecosystem mapping
- Technology and talent scouting